Electrostatic Spray Powder Coating Solutions
Looking for powder coating systems that provide more performance than just color? But what if the part does not meet the requirements of a conveyor line in terms of material selection or part configuration? Then a batch style electrostatic spray coating system might be the right choice.
A batch style electrostatic coating can be used with conventional thermoset materials such as polyesters, hybrids, acrylics, and epoxies—as well as with thermoplastic materials like nylon, vinyl and thermoplastics polyesters. There is much more versatility both in terms of material selection and part geometry when using the batch style system as compared to a conveyor line. We offer both a conveyor line and batch booth style coating to offer our customers the best option according to their specific needs.
Electrostatic spray coatings use an electrical charge on both the part and the powder coating gun—or other application tools—to apply electrostatic paint onto a conductive part that is later cured by heat. This creates a strong bond between your part and the electrostatic paint that will be hard to remove and chip resistant.
Typical Applications for Batch Style Electrostatic Powder Coatings:
- Small lot sizes not suitable for conveyor line scheduling
- Parts that require masking or are too complex to run through a conveyor line
- Tubular frames with cavities/crevasses that do not drain
- Parts that are too large to fit through the conveyor line (electrical boxes)
- Parts that require non-traditional coating materials, such as nylon or vinyl, which include items such as truck racks, medical trays, bus, and rail transit handrails.
We can apply nylon coatings with our powder coating systems or by using our fluid bed dipping process, depending upon the thickness desired and the specific application. Vinyl can also be applied to your material, as a lower-cost alternative to nylon, offering good weather, impact, and chemical resistance.
To find out more about nylon or vinyl coatings for your application, contact Precision Coatings today!